Quotations by the writer Maher Daboul


 

In vain we try to explain this world, only it can explain us.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Waiting, how cruel is the waiting, this time neither begins nor ends.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


You are a story that never ends.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Maybe it was a nightmare or my life is a nightmare.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Maybe we won't meet, maybe I didn't say goodbye to you, but I won't forget you, you are my memory.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


A refugee in a choppy sea, throwing away his old bag, on a last-ditch journey, taking with him a heart and a word.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


How can death steal from us those we love? How can death take our loved ones, deprive us of them, and lead us into a cycle of loss and deprivation?

From the novel The Siege of Fragrance


I think the only thing I chose was love.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Maybe it will be what we want, maybe it won't

But what will happen is definitely for the best...

From the novel A Necessary Wound


The road ran between heart and heart. All I knew was that the roads in Aleppo were not measured by distance, but by beauty.

From the novel Qudud Zomorrodiyeh


Aleppo has a wonderful ability to create beauty in us.

From the novel Qudud Zomorrodiyeh


I am tired. I am tired of logic and there is no logic. I am tired of this loss between reality and imagination. I have aborted all my dreams.

From the novel Qudud Zomorrodiyeh


An artist is an artist, whatever his profession, whoever has the spirit of an artist will create and export beauty wherever he is.

From the novel of Anat


A person cannot remove his homeland from him as if it were a shirt.

From  Annat


We have nothing left of our country but rubble. We have to cry a lot because we lost our homeland and are now in a grave in life.

From the novel The Siege of Fragrance


What happened was not a passing thing.

From the novel The Siege of Fragrance


Beautiful is Jasmine and Bahia is Damascus, firmly rooted in the heart of our love and in letters written in our memories.

From the novel The Siege of Fragrance


Since I was born, jasmine has been moving in the cells of my heart and my soul has been saturated with jasmine.

From the novel The Siege of Fragrance


The fragrance of jasmine spreads spirits of love in the streets of Damascus and turns the evening lights into a radiance of quiet, passionate asceticism.

From the novel The Siege of Fragrance


How beautiful yesterday was and how cruel it was. I alternated between images that were harsh and exhausted me, and others that made me laugh brightly. I flip through the images, searching for a return that has become impossible.

From the novel The Siege of Fragrance


Damascus declared itself the princess of the past, present and future.

From the novel The Siege of Fragrance


O lady of the land, I am tired of staying up late. Did you allow the sun to appear, or did you allow the heart to look?

From the novel The Siege of Fragrance


There is no good pain, pain always seeks to destroy us.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Loss is the harshest experience a person has ever experienced.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


One day Mahmoud Darwish said: I don't like anything.

As for me, I will say: everything hates me.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


But no matter how much we stumble, we must continue, as it is a great honor to try.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


There are many dark spots around us

But much is the whiteness in your hearts.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


I still have a lot to do, and a lot of dreams. A new story may begin, or this story may not end.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


In the heart of each of us is a flower bud waiting for us to water it so that it will bloom in spring.

From the novel Qudud Zomorrodiyeh


Love is not seeing anyone but you with so many people.

I love you and there is no one for me and my heart in the world of lovers except you.

From the novel Qudud Zomorrodiyeh


The people of Aleppo are creative in moving forward.

From the novel Qudud Zomorrodiyeh


Love is the waiting distance between meeting and meeting.

From the novel Qudud Zomorrodiyeh


Love is like a mirror in which we see ourselves and manifest ourselves.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


  A person cannot be a person except with the help of others.

We find ourselves in goodness.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Faith and its power save us.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


I am a necessary wound, I am a bleeding sad string, a broken flute, a lute without a string, the memory of a human being, I am the last line.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


The night of Baghdad is cold, rainy, scary, romantic, affectionate, chaotic and regular. Baghdad is the city of stories, the city of the night.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Life is not a game and we do not play in it. Life is a battle and in it we suffer, speak and learn.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Life is beautiful with those we love

Close to them we know the meaning of life.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


The idea is everything. Do our ideas make us happy people?

From the novel of Anat


My soul is a leaf moving in the sky, taken by the wind to the right and to the left, reeling regularly in chaos, in orderly chaos.

From the novel of Anat


The best way to defeat fear is to confront it.

From the novel of Anat


Latakia is the most beautiful city, the most gentle, warm, romantic, and closest to the soul.

From the novel of Anat


We have to listen to the voices within us, for they are the only ones that make us happy.

From the novel of Anat


There is a wound in the heart that no arrow can harm, but time is the sheath of night and sleep.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


The butterflies of the days died and the birds' voices became hoarse. They were a lean ten in which I had not stored hope.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Like the last drops of dew, the eyes of those who thought it would rain tomorrow dried up, but they did not realize that they were living in the desert.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


I was exiled in vain. I do not know what I did until time left me stuck waiting. I am the exile from myself. I am the disbeliever in all nations except you.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Sadness cannot be seen, but it is great. We do not see the pain, but we infer it in the cries of the suffering people.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


I am very different. What happened changed me and put me on the verge of sadness. And here I am, bound by despair, a prisoner inside my thoughts.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Art is the son of beauty, so be artists and create beauty in your actions, paintings, singing and words.

From the novel of Anat


I know that Ugarit is a forgotten city, but it is a city that does not die.

From the novel of Anat


But today, because of our curiosity at times and our greed at other times, we have created two contradictory weapons. We have sharpened our swords and our minds.

From the novel of Anat


The idea never dies, and wisdom is the jewel of life.

From the novel of Anat


You are the homeland, the homeland is the people, the homeland is not stones and roads, the homeland is its people, the homeland is our dream.

  From the novel of Anat


Women are the rebellious spirit of humanity.

This world is not complete without them.

From the novel of Anat


We are all beautiful...

We are beautiful in all our shapes and colors.

From the novel of Anat


Darkness is followed by light, pain is followed by hope, and sadness is followed by joy.

From the novel of Anat


Yasmine Mehajer, a lost homeland, and an unhappy beginning or end that is constantly repeated. This life is a story and we are its miserable heroes.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Smile, smile will win..

From the novel of Anat


I wish we could jump into the future to see what our situation would be like, or go back to the past once to see those we lost, accept them and embrace them in our hearts.

From the novel of Anat


We Arabs love to stand on the ruins of memories and landmarks of the past.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Man is a star in the sky of this universe. If he is able to shine within himself, he will illuminate what is around him and illuminate himself and others.

From the novel of Anat


Love only needs crazy people. As for rational people who are imprisoned in the monotony of their day and humiliated by their fears, love runs to get away from them.

From the novel Qudud Zomorrodiyeh


This dazzling light in pink tempts you

Behind my bright light there is complete darkness.

From the novel A Necessary Wound


“I invite each and every one of us to just be human.

Be hope for those waiting for hope.”

From the novel A Necessary Wound


Quotations by Maher Daboul



Post a Comment

Post a Comment (0)

Previous Post Next Post